Sunday, April 11, 2010

7 weeks seems so far away & around the corner all at the same time! AIM has shared some of our agenda as I know many of you have been a little confused as to what we are doing. This is what I know from AIM:

We are currently networking with a man named Pastor Profete who has a church and clinic. We may serve alongside him and the people who work there or are being treated there -meeting physical needs, but more importantly bringing hope.

We also have a community of refugees that we have adopted. We have committed
to them - to helping them rebuild their lives. So we could be working in
that community, building relationships and bringing hope to them.

Last, we have a network of churches that we are partnering with. The pastors
of Haiti believe this is an opportunity for them to step up and rebuild
their country on a Christian foundation. We want to support them, to come
behind and encourage them as they step out and lead.

Basically, our plans are not set in stone, but are flexible to where the greatest need is among this network during our time in Haiti. A girl from Cali posted a note the other day about not feeling prepared. It made me think am I really mentally prepared to do this? I'm not sure, but I appreciate the scripture she shared & recall it's relvance to so many trials in my life. 2 Corinthians 12:10, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Every trail that has taken place is my live has been an opportunity for growth; a time to be made strong. But even more importantly, it's a time to show God's grace & power, during a time while we are weak.

The verses right before this state: "a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me; but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness
The counrty of Haiti is experiencing a "thorn in the flesh" a devastation beyond their control. Pain deeper that I can understand, but God does. It is my prayer that His "power is made perfect" as resortation is made in the lives of Haitians & as they face challenges as they work toward their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment