Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear Family & Friends,

Hi! I hope all of you are doing well. I am so excited to share what has been going on in my life lately. For several years I have felt called to serve in missions & have done a few short term trips. I kept feeling a longer trip was in my future & it was. I found an organization called Adventures in Missions (AIM) that was serving in Haiti for the entire month of June. I felt drawn to this particular trip, so I applied, & have been accepted!

This trip will be a challenge as I am going with a group of people I do not know & will be living in tough circumstances. However, my heart's desire is to give the people of Haiti a small taste to Gods love & kindness; to plant a seed of hope in a what might seem a hopeless situation. I want the hurting people of Haiti to know, that God is good & is there as they grieve, recover, & rebuild. While we are in Haiti we will be helping in any area needed, including but not limited to providing shelter/construction, food for the hungry, orphanage work, assisting with clean up, etc.

I thank God for the opportunity He has given me & know that He will provide. I would be honored if you would support me in this ministry prayerfully, financially, or both. I am specifically asking for five people who will commit to pray for me each day until I return. The trip cost is $2000, which will provide a round-trip flight from Atlanta to Haiti, plus meals & transportation while in Haiti. Of the $2000:

$1000 due by April 1st
$750 due by May 1st
$250 remaining due by June 1st

I'm so thankful for God's timing & experiences he has given me that have lead me to this point. I'm even more excited to see how He will use me & what He will teach me during this time. Thank you to each of you! You have influenced me & helped bring me to this place in my life. I hope you will prayerfully consider being part of this ministry. Thank you so much!

In Him,


Jenny Covill
jenjen32_@hotmail.com

“My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed & in truth”- 1 John 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment